Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Learning

I, personally, learn all different ways. I'm not the kind of person that HAS to have a visual to learn something, nor am I the person that needs something explained out loud to learn it. Sometimes I need both, sometimes I can teach something to myself, or sometimes I need a visual, or sometimes I just need words. My philosophy on learning reflects this. Different people learn different ways, so present it in all the ways possible. You should have them read about it, listen to someone explain it, see it visually, use hands-on, etc. If you cover all the bases, you will almost never leave anyone out, especially in a classroom setting. You may have the child that sits up front and needs to see things hands-on sitting in the same classroom as a child in the back that just needs a book to read about it, or you may have a child that needs both presentations. Most people agree that hands-on is better, and I agree for most children. They will have something to see and touch, and that generally impacts them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment